WORLD TRADE CENTER COMMISSIONING
Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (PANYNJ)
New York, NY
Saving Engineers provided commissioning services for the new World Trade Center for the following systems:
- Tunnel and track smoke exhaust system
- Emergency power system
- Emergency fuel systems
- Gray Water Treatment System (storm water storage system)
- Fire Suppression System
- Sewer Ejector pumps
- Toilet rooms
- Track Mist and Foam system
- Exhaust fans
- Isolation and remote dampers
The project included the following services:
- Savin created and developed Pre-Function checklists (PFC’s) and Functional Performance Test (FPT) procedures used to commission the equipment and components associated with the systems listed above. The checklists and procedures were custom made documents, written to ensure that the equipment met the specific performance requirements of the design documents.
- Savin also created and participated in directing and documenting Integrated System Test procedures that were used to ensure that the individual equipment and components functioned together properly as a system.
- Savin reviewed related contractor submittals to ensure that the equipment being provided had the proper ratings and performance characteristics to be able to meet the specified performance requirements during and after commissioning.